Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Blog 15 - Bargain Hunters Get Ready!

This week I was looking for something related to spring. Since we still have high water in our basement and there isn’t much I can do until it recedes, I’m grabbing at straws. My mother is looking at apartments and thinking about selling her house so there isn’t a need to give her certificates for flowers this year for Mother’s Day. I have too many dilemmas in my life right now. Thus my search for a brighter side.

What is more spring in North Dakota than Garage Sales. The Fargo Forum is filled with them already! This site lists them by area in town – North Fargo, South Fargo, West Fargo, Dilworth, Moorhead, and Surrounding Area! Guess that’s what you get in the big city. Not only are there hundreds in each section of town, but if you advertise with the Forum, you can be included in a City Map of where you are located so the deal seekers can find you.

My sister is talking about a sale at my Mom’s since she’s moving into something smaller. Sounds like work for me but what a way to clean out! For years my Mom has been offering things to us kids that she’s ready to part with. What could she have left? I think we’ll be surprised.

Many of the sale list them as multi family or associated with a church or organization as a fund raiser. Right now the list isn’t too large but give it a couple weeks and Fargo will be buzzing.
Then there is clean up week where curb items are traded with lesser quality stuff off your truck. You’ll see college students doing that and I think my daughter and her roommates will be among the traders.

Anyway – if you’re looking for the collectable bargain, get you paper every Wednesday to map your trek to find everything you could want!

1 comment:

  1. This post made me smile. I used to hate garage sales, because they meant our town trips would be longer and my mom would usually buy me cheap clothes. However, after shopping on my own for years now a garage sale sounds like a good idea. Good items at great prices are something every college student could use. I wonder what kind of affect all the flooding will have on the number of garage sales this year?

    ReplyDelete